Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Random & Frequent Reboots

PaulB284
Aspirant

Orbi Random & Frequent Reboots

Hi All,

A few people have posted similar problems, but different. My Orbi is randomly rebooting every 5-30 minutes. The log gets cleared each time, so i'm not sure if a new device is causing it. As some others have posted, I do have a Google Home (x2) and Google Pixel (one std and one XL), in addition to several WeMo devices and a Hue hub.

I was running the latest firmware, but I have updated manually to 2.1.1.12.

Anyhelp or ideas would be great!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
FlokTrap
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Random & Frequent Reboots

I have the same problem. Using the latest firmware (2.1.1.12) which I had to installed manually (the app did not work).

The router keeps restarting every 30min. I have also reset the router and satellite and reconfigured them both. I have a Fing device on the network which gives me alerts of the unit constantly restarting. 

I however dont have any google home or pixel on the network. Also no logfiles to report. 

Very frustrating... Kindly someone advise here.

Message 2 of 5
turnerm05
Luminary

Try forgetting the wifi network on both of your Pixel devices and run it for a day or two and see if the issue goes away.  It has for me which tells me that there is some issue with the Pixel (or perhaps Android 8 which is when I first noticed the problem).

I can connect my Pixel back to my Orbi and the problems resume.  

It's highly frustrating.  There's no WAY a client device should cause so many issues with a router!

Message 3 of 5
jasonjason
Guide

My testing over the past few days has shown similar results. When I took my Pixel 2 XL (Android 8.1) off of Orbi for long stretches of time (10 hours, 9 hours) I had no disconnection problems. As soon as I connected back to the wifi, the issues resumed. I also uninstalled the Orbi and Genie apps from my phone last night and it appeared to have resolved the problem, until the the disconnects woke me up at 4am this morning as devices started beeping that they lost wifi.

I'm pretty angry right now. I've spent hours upon hours of my own time trying to get this product working again. Everything in my house depends on reliable wifi. This should not be an issue in production firmware for a solution I paid $500 for. I went with Orbi because I thought Netgear would be a more reliable name in networking than the new guys. Boy was I wrong.

Message 4 of 5
PaulB284
Aspirant

I kept WiFi on my phones off last night, and the issue still persisted. So I don't feel like it's related to the Pixel(s). I'm thinking of just blocking all devices on the network and slowly adding them back in to see when problems start happening.

I'm very frustrated and not sure what else to do.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7