Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Router stops working after @ 3 hrs, Flashing Green Halo

MX348
Aspirant

Orbi Router stops working after @ 3 hrs, Flashing Green Halo

Hi All,

I purchased a used Orbi RBR50 Router from eBay.

I installed it and a rsatellite and everthing was rock solid for the first 4 days.

Now for whatever reason, everthing stops working after @ 3hrs.

Oddly the router is flashing a Green LED light ring after this occours.

After looking through all the docs online, I cannot find a reference to the Green LED Halo.

The only fix is to shut down and restart everthing.

I am running the latest V2.3.5.30 FW for my devices.

As a last resort, I have disable all the auto upgrade features via telnet and downgraded the devices to V2.2.1.212 to see if i can reach stability again.

What is the cause of a green led halo ?

Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Router stops working after @ 3 hrs, Flashing Green Halo

Have you tried a full factory reset on the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch after loading FW? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@MX348 wrote:

Hi All,

I purchased a used Orbi RBR50 Router from eBay.

I installed it and a rsatellite and everthing was rock solid for the first 4 days.

Now for whatever reason, everthing stops working after @ 3hrs.

Oddly the router is flashing a Green LED light ring after this occours.

After looking through all the docs online, I cannot find a reference to the Green LED Halo.

The only fix is to shut down and restart everthing.

I am running the latest V2.3.5.30 FW for my devices.

As a last resort, I have disable all the auto upgrade features via telnet and downgraded the devices to V2.2.1.212 to see if i can reach stability again.

What is the cause of a green led halo ?

Thanks

Message 2 of 7
ekhalil
Master

1. There is no definition for a green ring LED. Can what you see be magenta or blue instead? Can the ring LED be faulty and showing wrong color?
2. Will disconnecting the ISP cable from the Orbi WAN port and connecting it again solve the issue?
3. When the issue happens, can you please login into the wen GUI and check under >> ADVANCED >> Home >> Internet Status and check the values for Obtained lease and remaining lease.
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

You might disconnect the WAN port cable from the ISP modem on the RBR and watch the top ring led and see what appears. It should be PINK when the WAN cable is disconnected from the modem. 

Message 4 of 7
MX348
Aspirant

Hello, 

Thank you for the responce.

I have performed a full factory reset 3x now hoping that would solve the issue, however no luck.

I am using a TP-Link DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem model number TC-7610 with Comcast internet service.

I am using the orbi in router mode.

Additionally, I have downgraded the FW of both the Router and Satelite to version 2.2.1.212 and disabled auto upgrade via telnet on both devices.

Running 2.2.1.212 actual makes the issue happen faster like 30mins.

When the device quits, i can no longer even ping the router hardwired into it from my desktop system.

The halo is deffinatly green, and I have verified the magenta color when i remove the inter connection. 

Message 5 of 7
MX348
Aspirant

Hello, 

Thank you for the responce/ 

I have performed a full factory reset 3x now hoping that would solve the issue, however no luck.

I am using a TP-Link DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem model number TC-7610 with Comcast internet service.

Additionally, I have downgraded the FW of both the Router and Satelite to version 2.2.1.212 and disabled auto upgrade via telnet on both devices.

When the device quits, i can no longer even ping the router hardwired into it from my desktop system.

The halo is deffinatly green, and I have verified the magenta color when i remove the inter connection. 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like your Orbi system is faulty and needs to be replaced. I recommend opening a support ticket and ask about an RMA:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

@Blanca_O 

@MX348 wrote:

Hello, 

Thank you for the responce.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7