Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite will not reconnect unless I disconnect all ethernet devices first

jblack68
Apprentice

Orbi Satellite will not reconnect unless I disconnect all ethernet devices first

Hi,

I have recently figurered out why my Satellite will not reconnect to my Orbi Router because there was ethernet devices connected to the Satellite - once i removed them and rebooted Satellite - connects fine. 

Anyone had this issue before - if i disconnected Satellite and it will try and connect but would be listed as *Attached Devices* on the Orbi Page and Speeds will be limited to 10mbps

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite will not reconnect unless I disconnect all ethernet devices first

What FW is currently loaded?
What LAN devices do you have connected to the satellite? 
What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7