Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi - Suddenly Ceased Being Able to Make Internet Connection

Davejill
Aspirant

Orbi - Suddenly Ceased Being Able to Make Internet Connection

Purple Light Suddenly came on Router indicating lost internet connection.  No problems for last six months or so. Internet works fine on a separate computer which is connected via ethernet to my modem. Have performed hard reboot on modem and router to no avail. Any suggestions?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi - Suddenly Ceased Being Able to Make Internet Connection

@Davejill wrote:

Purple Light Suddenly came on Router indicating lost internet connection.  No problems for last six months or so. Internet works fine on a separate computer which is connected via ethernet to my modem. Have performed hard reboot on modem and router to no avail. Any suggestions?

How long has the purple light been on?  In some cases, it may be working through an update.

What's the history of your Orbi and FW?

You've got something else going if you have a seperate PC able to connect to the Internet...???

Message 2 of 4
Davejill
Aspirant

Purple light on now for a couple of hours. I guess it could be an update - although that is a long time it would seem.

Always had FW auto update and never had any problems.  Not sure if an update has just been released. 

For clarification, separate PC is not connected to the Orbi but to a LAN port from my modem.  Orbi gets internet from another LAN port from same modem.  That's how I know internet is working fine, just not being picked up and transmitted by the Orbi.

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Davejill wrote:

Purple light on now for a couple of hours. I guess it could be an update - although that is a long time it would seem.

Always had FW auto update and never had any problems.  Not sure if an update has just been released. 

For clarification, separate PC is not connected to the Orbi but to a LAN port from my modem.  Orbi gets internet from another LAN port from same modem.  That's how I know internet is working fine, just not being picked up and transmitted by the Orbi.

What FW do you have?

Talk to us about the modem, type, model..etc?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7