Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Voice (RBS40V) cannot make phone calls via Alexa

Orbi_Newbie_14
Aspirant

Orbi Voice (RBS40V) cannot make phone calls via Alexa

Just trying to learn the features of our recently purchased Orbi Voice RBS40V.

I just tried to make a phone call on our new Orbi RS40V but it says "Calling with Alexa is not supported on this device. You can use the Alexa app instead." whilst our Amazon Echoes and Echo Dots can do that without any issues.

Any suggestions?

I am really liking the idea of having an Orbi satellite and a smart speaker at the same time. 

Before we get rid of our Amazon Echos and Echo Dots, what other known Alexa limitations does Orbi Voice have?

Thanks in advanced for your inputs. 

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi Voice (RBS40V) cannot make phone calls via Alexa

I thought there used to be an article that went over what did and didn't work for alexa on the orbi voice. 

I looked for a bit and couldn't find it.

working: checking weather, playing music, settings reminders, interacting with alexa, alexa commands "alexa, lights off", etc. 

not working: calls

Not sure if theres a specific task/thing you're wondering about. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060155/How-do-I-set-up-Alexa-Voice-Assistant-on-my-Orbi-Voice

Message 2 of 5
Orbi_Newbie_14
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.

I love tech and want to know everything about the device.  It would really be helpful if that article shows up. 

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

I know when it first came out it didn't support the multi-room audio but I've heard a couple people say it is now. I don't currently have my rbk50 system running to reconnect my rbs40v and test it with.
Message 4 of 5
Orbi_Newbie_14
Aspirant

Based on what I am reading (by searching on the forum), RBS40V is not really an Amazon Echo/Echo Dot as it can't do everything what the mentioned Amazon devices can do so we're keeping these Amazon devices for now.

But I am still wanting to get acquainted with this device and curious to know more.  If ever you find that link or a list of its limitations as compared to Amazon Echo/Echo Dot, please let me know. 

Thanks again for your help!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7