× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi and satellite password

TXmimi
Follower

Orbi WiFi and satellite password

How to factory reset WiFi router? I tried to change the advanced setting on my new ORBI router from 5mhz to 2.5mhz (because certain devices will only work on the 2.5mhz setting) and now when I try to login the WiFi, I’m being asking me for a password (which I never changed from the manufacturer default PW) in order to logon to the 2.4 mhz router. NOTE: The satellite still displays it is running at 5 mhz but I can’t get the newly changed (2.5 mhz) WiFi to logon to change the advance setting on the satellite router. Therefore, I can’t get any WiFi to work on any of my devices! Do I need to unplug the satellite router? I’m not the most experienced in dealing with these types of issues but this has me stumped and I had to revert back to my old nighthawk router (that I’m trying to replace with the ORBI) until I can figure this situation out! Any advice on how to remedy this issue?
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi WiFi and satellite password

the Orbi line can't have separate ssids for 2.4 or 5ghz. 

some versions you can enable IoT network for 2.4ghz or 5ghz but that depends on the version you have. 

What orbi do you have? 

You also posted in the extender forum and not the orbi forum. You'd probably get better/more help in the appropriate forum. 

If you want to factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series