Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi internet port broke?

Disgruntledorbi
Aspirant

Orbi internet port broke?

For the most part our Internet has been working just fine as it was all day yesterday. We sat down to stream a movie and the Internet was out. I called the ISP and everything is fine on the modem side. Even plugged a laptop directly into the modem and it works. Using the same ethernet cable and I’ve tried a few the router does not receive an Internet signal. I haven’t touched any of the Settings in a long time and I have no idea if it did a firmware update yesterday or not. I usually keep it on the latest firmware and it has not told me it needed to update in a long time.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Disgruntledorbi
Aspirant

Re: Orbi internet port broke?

Is this a broken port or did something in the settings or firmware change? Also tried factory resetting to no avail.
Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway do you have ?

Message 3 of 4
Disgruntledorbi
Aspirant

I’m not sure of the modem. Whatever the ISP gave me. So short term I solved it with a factory reset actually, however, I’m not sure what caused the router service to stop randomly. I’m on the latest firmware and have had odd blackouts in the past.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7