Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi login... Help please!

mrstucci1972
Tutor

Orbi login... Help please!

I posted my issue a day or so ago and no one posted a reply. I really, really want to update the firmware of my RBR50 but I can't get past the login AFTER I have logged into my Orbi. Yes. I can login to my Orbi online just fine. But when I got to manually update my Orbi satellite a window pops up and wants my login information. I have tried my network login, my Orbi network login and the same login I have for logging into my Orbi online but NONE of those work. So what login is this window talking about? It has the IP address I guess for my Orbi??? I really want to install the firmware... Thank you. 

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Re: Orbi login... Help please!

I think the KRACK firmware must be uploaded manually.  It's not on the online server.

Regardless, you must be able to log into the satellite to update it manually. The problem is your satellite is not recognizing the Orbi router admin password.

I would try to reset the satellite by inserting a paperclip into the reset hole on the back of the sat, and holding until the power led turns from green to amber.  Then add the satellite back to Orbi via the router admin GUI.  Then try the update again.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
Mikey94025
Hero

What you describe is not how our Orbi's behave during firmware upgrade.  Have you tried a different browser?  Can you send us a screen shot of the second login?  Does it look exactly like the first login?

Message 2 of 9
mrstucci1972
Tutor

Thank you for responding... I believe that I tried Firefox and Chrome in addition to Safari. All had the same result. 

Here is a screenshot of the 2nd login. Thank you for your help, Judy

Message 3 of 9
mrstucci1972
Tutor

This is the screenshot from when I use Firefox....

Message 4 of 9
mrstucci1972
Tutor

This is a screenshot from Chrome.... 3 different browers and 3 different second logins....

Message 5 of 9
st_shaw
Master

The pop-up screen asking for your password is normal when doing a manual firmware update of the satellite from the Orbi router admin GUI.

The username and password is supposed to be the same as the username/password you use to log into the Orbi router admin GUI.

You could try the "Online" update from the Orbi router.

Or, you could try logging directly into the router. It looks like your satellite IP is 192.168.1.6.  The URL would be: http://192.168.1.6/status.htm

Message 6 of 9
mrstucci1972
Tutor

I just tried logging in with that link you provided and it won't let me log in. Whatever login information I provide doesn't seem to work. 

I was doing a manual update because the instructions were to update the satellite first. The router says no new firmware update but there is the update for the KRACK vulnerablility.... 

In the Administration window--->Firmware update--->It now says (for the satellite) that service is unreachable. What does that mean??? The satellite appears to be working per the view in the Home window. 

Message 7 of 9
st_shaw
Master

I think the KRACK firmware must be uploaded manually.  It's not on the online server.

Regardless, you must be able to log into the satellite to update it manually. The problem is your satellite is not recognizing the Orbi router admin password.

I would try to reset the satellite by inserting a paperclip into the reset hole on the back of the sat, and holding until the power led turns from green to amber.  Then add the satellite back to Orbi via the router admin GUI.  Then try the update again.

Message 8 of 9
mrstucci1972
Tutor

Ok. I will try resetting the satellite. Thank you. I will report back one way or the other once I have done this. 

I have downloaded the KRACK update and it's just waiting in my Downloads folder! Judy

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7