Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi rbk50

ImHi2
Initiate

Orbi rbk50

WHEN I CONNECT MY ORBI TO MY NBN MODEM THE APP DOESNT CONNECT TO IT AND IT SHOWS UP ON MY IPAD AND PHONE IN SETTINGS (NETWORK) AS ORBI78 BUT THE TAG UNDER SHOWS NETWORK ORBI68 AND THUS THE APP CANT CONNECT TO IT AND THE PASSWORD DOESNT WORK FOR 78 ANY IDEAS? tHANKS GAVIN

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi rbk50

@ImHi2 wrote:

WHEN I CONNECT MY ORBI TO MY NBN MODEM THE APP DOESNT CONNECT TO IT AND IT SHOWS UP ON MY IPAD AND PHONE IN SETTINGS (NETWORK) AS ORBI78 BUT THE TAG UNDER SHOWS NETWORK ORBI68 AND THUS THE APP CANT CONNECT TO IT AND THE PASSWORD DOESNT WORK FOR 78 ANY IDEAS? tHANKS GAVIN

This is strange. Did you purchase your Orbi new or used? If you see the WIFI ORBI78 as a valid SSID but your sticker shows ORBI68, try factory resetting the router? The sticker should match and give you the info you need, unless the sticker was replaced.

You could also use a PC or laptop and directly connect via network cable to configure the Orbi. If you factory reset the Orbi the default username/password is typically admin for username and password for the password to get into the router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

@ImHi2 wrote:

This is strange. Did you purchase your Orbi new or used? If you see the WIFI ORBI78 as a valid SSID but your sticker shows ORBI68, try factory resetting the router? The sticker should match and give you the info you need, unless the sticker was replaced.

You could also use a PC or laptop and directly connect via network cable to configure the Orbi. If you factory reset the Orbi the default username/password is typically admin for username and password for the password to get into the router.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

No need to yell please. 

Message 3 of 4
ImHi2
Initiate

SOLUTION SPOT ON RANG AN EXPERT AND HE GOT IN VIA MY PC AND RESET IT AS YOU SUGGESTED AND AND NOW WORKS FINE. THANK YOU . SORRY ABOUT CAPS BUT MY KEY BOARD IS CACTUS LIKE ME. LOL CHEERS

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7