Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi

alverton
Aspirant

Orbi

Hi,

I am moderately technical but am having an issue with my Orbi 20 system. My ORBI is connected to my router which is a FritzBox7490. I have a single satellite RBS20 wirelessly connected to my Orbi Router (I disconnected the second one after reading that it may be an issue on another post here). My issue is only with the connection to my PS4 which I was attempting to do via my RBS20. It connects but Fails to identify a NAT type. I can connect the PS4 to my Fritzbox directly sometimes on a weak signal with low speed. When I connecct directly to the Fritzbox the NAT identifies correctly as a NAT type 2. Other messages here suggested turning off daisy chaining so I have done that too but still get a Failed NAT type when connecting via the Orbi Satellite. Can you please advise trouble shooting instructions and/or a solution to my issue connecting to the Orbi sattelite with identificaation of the NAT? Thank you.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi

it could be the double nat from running the fritzbox and the orbi. 

How to fix issues with Double NAT | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Have you tried the orbi in access point mode? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7