Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forwarding - Multiple Internal IP Problems - RBR10 Orbi Router

Stream62
Aspirant

Port Forwarding - Multiple Internal IP Problems - RBR10 Orbi Router

Hi,

I am getting "moderate" NAT when gaming (Call of Duty in this case) and have two computers connected that I play on - a Dell laptop and a gaming PC. I am trying to port forward to two internal IP addresses but am getting an error message when doing so, using the custom services in the advanced settings.

I have an ORBI RBR10 on firmware 2.6.2.104 with 2 satellites. The laptop is using a wireless connection while the PC is on a wired one.

I have managed to set up up for the laptop but when i try for the PC i get an error saying:

192.168.0.1 says

Custom Service Rule Conflict

The new custom service must not conflict with any existing service rule.

I get the same issue when i try it the other way around. I am using static IP addresses on both the laptop and the PC.

I have also disabled UPnP as that was mentioned in another chain but have had no luck there.

I've attatched a pic of the error I get.

Does anyone know please of any other setting can adjust or change?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Port Forwarding - Multiple Internal IP Problems - RBR10 Orbi Router

Do you have NAT Filter feature listed as a menu item under Advanced tab/Setup/Internet or WAN page on the RBR? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have NAT Filter feature listed as a menu item under Advanced tab/Setup/Internet or WAN page on the RBR? 

Message 2 of 5
Stream62
Aspirant

Hi there,

Yes i do, under Advanced > Setup > WAN Setup.

There is the NAT Filtering section with options of Secured and Open, as well as a tick box for "Disable SIP ALG".

I've changed the option from Secured to Open and after restarting everything i seem to have Open NAT in COD on both computers.

Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You can re-enable uPnP as well. 
Please mark your thread and solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7