Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question for AmitR - will 2.1.1.12 be auto-pushed or has that been put on hold due to issues?

larryindublin
Luminary

Question for AmitR - will 2.1.1.12 be auto-pushed or has that been put on hold due to issues?

@AmitR - When 2.1.1.12 was released many people manually updated. Many people have since experienced horrible problems, some worse than any issues they had with 2.0.0.74/76. Given all the issues, will the auto-update to 2.1.1.12 be delayed until a fixed version comes out? I'm seriously considering trying a rollback to 2.0.0.74/76 (is only .76 fix the krack fix?) but if pushed to 2.1.1.12 again soon, what's the point?

Have only had my Orbi for a few weeks, so I'm not as invested in Orbi as some, nor as frustrated.....YET.... Generfallky good performance initially but since 2.1.1.12 I've had several random reboots and my Samsung S7 sometimes will not connect unless I forget the network and reconnect. I expected more maturity from a system that's now been around a while.

Any comments?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Question for AmitR - will 2.1.1.12 be auto-pushed or has that been put on hold due to issues?

No date on the auto update yet as the engineers are working on the known issues with he 2.1 release so yes you can go back to the 2.0 if that is a more stable connection for your system.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Question for AmitR - will 2.1.1.12 be auto-pushed or has that been put on hold due to issues?

No date on the auto update yet as the engineers are working on the known issues with he 2.1 release so yes you can go back to the 2.0 if that is a more stable connection for your system.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7