Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RB50 - Link Rate Puzzle and Login Problems

BrooklynOrbi
Aspirant

RB50 - Link Rate Puzzle and Login Problems

When I review my connected devices on my Orbi app, I notice that some devices have a link rate of 390-500 Mbps (even those showing a weak wireless connection (one green bar)), whereas some devices that have a strong wireless connection have a link rate that is much lower - for example, Roku Streaming Stick showing 45 Mbps.

I woud be grateful if someone could explain what this means and if I need to fix/change anything. 

In reading a little about this, it has been suggested that I enable Beanforming, MIMO and WMM under "Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings" but I do not see anywhere in the Orbi app that will let me find these settings, and I am unable to log in on the desktop at Orbilogin - I get the following inexplicable message. 

"Looks like you’re not connected to your Orbi’s WiFi network." 

How do I log in to make any of these advanced setting changes?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RB50 - Link Rate Puzzle and Login Problems

Most features are not available in the Orbi app. You need to change these using a web browser on the RBR. 

Please post about any Orbi app question, help and problems in the Orbi app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Good luck. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7