× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK20 - Ethernet backhaul with multiple switches

Daniel_E
Aspirant

RBK20 - Ethernet backhaul with multiple switches

Hello,

I have a RBK20 and this network configuration (image). When I try to connect via ethernet backhaul using 3 switches, devices 1 and 2 works perfectly but device 3 keeps rebooting, even if I connect device 3 directly to the swtich 1 and then device 3 to the switch 3 It also keeps rebooting. But if I delete switch 3 and connect device 3 directly to switch 1 it works perfectly.

Do backhaul just works with 2 switches o what should I do in this case if I need 3 switches?

Backhaul Orbi.jpg

Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK20 - Ethernet backhaul with multiple switches

The number of switches is not significant.  Some switches are not compatible with Orbi backhaul.

Please identify what brand/model these three switches are.

Message 2 of 8
Daniel_E
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, the switch 1 is a TP Link TL-SG1016D and switch 2 and 3 are TP Link LS1008G.

What should I be aware to buy a switch compatible with Orbi Backhaul or what brands/model do you recommend?

Thanks a lot.

Message 3 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Can you swap switch 2 and switch 3 to see if the problem moves with the switch?

Message 4 of 8
Daniel_E
Aspirant

I've already tried swapping those switches, I even try replacing switch 3 with a new one from a friend but the problem still continues. 

Message 5 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

This seems to imply that the switch is not causing whatever is going on.

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

NETGEAR GS-105/108v4 and GS305/308v3, D-Link DGS-105/108 and HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series non managed switches work for Orbi systems.

Be sure your using good quality LAN cable. CAT6 is recommended.

@Daniel_E wrote:

Hello,

I have a RBK20 and this network configuration (image). When I try to connect via ethernet backhaul using 3 switches, devices 1 and 2 works perfectly but device 3 keeps rebooting, even if I connect device 3 directly to the swtich 1 and then device 3 to the switch 3 It also keeps rebooting. But if I delete switch 3 and connect device 3 directly to switch 1 it works perfectly.

Do backhaul just works with 2 switches o what should I do in this case if I need 3 switches?

Backhaul Orbi.jpg

Thanks a lot

Message 7 of 8
Daniel_E
Aspirant

Hello @FURRYe38 

Thanks for the advice I will try to get this devices and test in my network

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats