Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK43-200NAR

Aldavewebbs
Aspirant

RBK43-200NAR

I’m looking to get a replacement / single satellite for this model of Orbi’s wire mesh series - what options do I have, which are compatible with this, now discontinued product?
Message 1 of 7

Re: RBK43-200NAR

@Aldavewebbs wrote:
I’m looking to get a replacement / single satellite for this model of Orbi’s wire mesh series - what options do I have, which are compatible with this, now discontinued product?

Which Orbi routers and satellites are compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 7
Aldavewebbs
Aspirant

Saw this already but the product/model number I referenced is not represented in this table, unless I am mistaken?
Message 3 of 7

RBK43 = RBR40 router plus satellites?
Message 4 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@michaelkenward is spot on.  Netgear has a distinct pattern when creating product numbers for the residential Orbi line:

• xxRxxx indicates a Router.
  • xxSxxx indicates a Satellite
  • xxKxxx indicates a Kit, consisting of one router and one or more satellites.
  • Rxxyyy indicates an ordinary Router, which must be connected with an Ethernet Cable to a modem or fiber ONT.
  • Cxxyyy indicates the product includes a Cable modem as part of the router.
  • Lxxyyy indicates the product includes an LTE modem as part of the router.

Other Netgear product families have naming conventions as well.

Message 5 of 7
Aldavewebbs
Aspirant

Thanks all! Very helpful 🙂 So it looks like this one would be a good option - NETGEAR Orbi Mesh WiFi Add-on Satellite (RBS20) - Discontinued by Manufacturer https://a.co/d/d4t7CY6

Message 6 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements