Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853 wifi not hitting speeds

e1rik2
Follower

RBK853 wifi not hitting speeds

Hey guys so I’ve got the RBK853 and the router hits 930mbps along with the 2 satellites (connected via Ethernet) but when I use wifi my speeds are about 400-500mbps. Is this normal cause the or is boast wifi speeds up to 6gbps? The device I have tried are an iPhone 14 pro max (wifi 6) iPad Pro 3rd gen and my HP laptop that has an ax card. Is this a limitation of the 5ghz spectrum or are my devices faulty? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RBK853 wifi not hitting speeds

how far from the router are you? 

5ghz is a very fast band but its speeds drop off quicker with distance and obstructions than 2.4ghz does. 

But 2.4ghz is a slow network. 

You can try changing the 5ghz channel you're on in case there's interference. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Check to see if the pad is 2x2 MIMO support if it is, then your getting good speeds on the phone and pad. Most 2x2 MIMO devices will never see anything near 900Mpbs on 5Ghz. My 12 Pro Max tops out at around 700Mpbs when fairly close to the RBR. Nature of the beast. 4x4 MIMO can.

@e1rik2 wrote:

Hey guys so I’ve got the RBK853 and the router hits 930mbps along with the 2 satellites (connected via Ethernet) but when I use wifi my speeds are about 400-500mbps. Is this normal cause the or is boast wifi speeds up to 6gbps? The device I have tried are an iPhone 14 pro max (wifi 6) iPad Pro 3rd gen and my HP laptop that has an ax card. Is this a limitation of the 5ghz spectrum or are my devices faulty? Thanks

Message 3 of 4

I use an RBRE960 and my iPhone 14 Pro Max hits (depending on time of day) 700-750 Mbs.  My ISP is delivery 1.4Gbs to the router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7