Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20

tanush14
Aspirant

RBR20

Smart TV does not work on wi-fi. cable only. Why:?

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR20

A little more info is needed.

What smart tv are you using? (brand and model number)

Postive it has wifi? I know it sounds stupid but we've had people ask about it with tv's that don't have built in wifi so I have to ask.

Are you able to see any networks if you do a wireless scan?

What error are you getting?

Firmware on RBR20?

How far from the router/satellite are you?

You can try enabling/disabling these features to see if it helps: beamforming, mu-mimo, daisy chaining

Message 2 of 8
tanush14
Aspirant

tv lg oled.  smart.  From applications only you tube and netflix work.  Other applications do not work on wi-fi. When I connect the cable to the modem, then everything works.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

So some applications are working so it's connecting, maybe not with enough bandwidth. What errors do you get? And can you answer the prior questions and try the potential fixes I gave you? And saying lg oled TV isn't a model. It's like saying netgear ac router. There's many models it could be.
Message 4 of 8
tanush14
Aspirant

LG OLED65C8Y 4K 65 модель телевизора. Вай фай встроенный есть. Работает нетфликс и you tube

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 8
tanush14
Aspirant

LG OLED65C8Y 4K 65 TV model. Wifi is built-in. Netflix works and you tube

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

Netflix and youtube have the ability to dynamically adjust resolution and bandwidth based upon how much is available. Not sure about other apps.

What speeds do you pay for? 

Are you connected to the 5ghz signal?

Can you speed test with your tv?

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Also, what size is your house?

How many satellites are you running?

Firmware on them?

are they using the wireless backhaul or wired?

Have you tried doing a wireless scan to see if you're on the optimal wireless channel?

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/179344-how-to-boost-your-wifi-speed-by-choosing-the-right-chan...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7