Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 update fail

Anjwld4
Guide

Re: RBR50 update fail

Thank you for encouraging me to continue to try and stay positive and focused cause I did managed to get ONE of the two connected YES!!!!!!  HAPPY DANCE!  Thank you so much for that suggestion, it worked but for some reason the second Dot won't connect.  I didn't change a thing after I got the first one to connect, so I'm lost again but not as discouraged!!  I will continue to go back through and re-read the post to make sure I got all my bases covered.

Thank you again!! 

Message 26 of 28
Anjwld4
Guide

UPDATE:  WOOHOO got them both hooked up.  Now keep in mind at the start of all this 4 days ago, I only knew how to plug things in and follow the directions, now I know my router inside out!!!  Ok, almost....but I know more about it then ever before that is for sure!!

So after days of trying this that and all else, what ended up working for me was:

On the ORBI page, 

under the BASIC tab, 

under WIRELESS tab in the Wireless section I have it set 2.4GHz chanel was set at 1, the 5 GHz chanel was set at 36.  

Then in the Security option I clicked on the WPA-PSR-(AES)

Once I had everything set up, I put everything back to the original settings of:

2.4GHz chanel AUTO

5GHZ chanel 48

Security WPA-PSR-(TKIP)+WPA-PSR-(AES)

Now the reason the 2nd DOT didn't want to connect after I made all those changes was because some how, I honestly do not know how cause I didn't know you could do that, but it got blocked from the allowed list of devices to connect.  I edited it and it is now on the list and connected with the greatest of ease!!

So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the help, support and suggestions!!  God bless!

Message 27 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you finally got it all working. 

You might want to use WPA2 and AES only for wifi security. Unless you have older wifi devices that still need WPA and TPIK. 

Be sure to make a backup configuration to file for safe keeping later on. 

Be sure to mark your thead and solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Anjwld4 wrote:

UPDATE:  WOOHOO got them both hooked up.  Now keep in mind at the start of all this 4 days ago, I only knew how to plug things in and follow the directions, now I know my router inside out!!!  Ok, almost....but I know more about it then ever before that is for sure!!

So after days of trying this that and all else, what ended up working for me was:

On the ORBI page, 

under the BASIC tab, 

under WIRELESS tab in the Wireless section I have it set 2.4GHz chanel was set at 1, the 5 GHz chanel was set at 36.  

Then in the Security option I clicked on the WPA-PSR-(AES)

Once I had everything set up, I put everything back to the original settings of:

2.4GHz chanel AUTO

5GHZ chanel 48

Security WPA-PSR-(TKIP)+WPA-PSR-(AES)

Now the reason the 2nd DOT didn't want to connect after I made all those changes was because some how, I honestly do not know how cause I didn't know you could do that, but it got blocked from the allowed list of devices to connect.  I edited it and it is now on the list and connected with the greatest of ease!!

So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the help, support and suggestions!!  God bless!

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7