Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50

kkcompton2015
Aspirant

RBR50

I am looking for a little assistance. I have the ARRIS SBG8300 and using that as just a MODEM and disabled the WIFI portion. I then took the AC3000 Router and placed it on my wall downstairs and then placed the satellite in the line of site to the router to power the upstairs WiFi. On the Orbi application it shows we are pushing over 900MBPS for download speed, but when I use the speedtest.net on my  computer I am only pushing 30-50MBPS. This recently just started happening, because when I first set up the Mesh System, in the upstairs offices we were able to get 200-250MBPS which was fantastic, but all of the sudden we had a significant decrease. What could be causing this? I have gone in and reset the whole network but can't get above 30-50MBPS. Oh and I am using Xfinity also and they aren't very helpful! Any help would be great!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50

Does the computer report less speed only when connected to the satellite?

Message 2 of 5
kkcompton2015
Aspirant

Yes.

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

The computer is connected to the upstairs satellite with ethernet or WiFi?

If WiFi, is it connected at 2.4G or 5G?

If might be useful to check the backhaul connection between the router and satellite.  Unfortunately, the Orbi app and web interfaces do not show this information, but it is available using the router telnet interface.

• Install a telnet application on the computer (or, if it is Windows, there is a telnet that can be activated from the Programs and Features control panel - it's a Windows Feature (on the left side of the page)).
  • Open the Orbi debug page: http://orbilogin.net/debug.htm
  • Check the box "Enable Telnet"
  • Open the telnet application and connect to the Orbi router (usually 192.168.1.1)
  • Type the command satelliteinfo  wifi

My Orbi displays this:

root@RBR50:/# satelliteinfo wifi
[
{
"mac address" : "A0:04:60:xx:xx:xx",
"hop" : "1",
"bridge mac" : "A0:04:xx:xx:xx:xx",
"backhaul conntype" : "5GHz",
"backhaul rssi" : "-68",
"backhaul macaddress" : "A0:04:60:xx:xx:xx",
"backhaul phytxrate" : "780",
"backhaul phyrxrate" : "780",
"backhaul parentmac" : "A0:04:60:xx:xx:xx"
},
{
"mac address" : "14:59:C0:xx:xx:xx",
"bridge mac" : "14:59:C0:xx:xx:xx",
"backhaul rssi" : "-59",
"backhaul macaddress" : "",
"backhaul phytxrate" : "866",
"backhaul phyrxrate" : "650",
"backhaul parentmac" : "A0:04:60:xx:xx:xx"
}

Notice one satellite reports transmit/receive speeds of 780/780 and the other reports 866/650

What does your satellite report?

Message 4 of 5
kkcompton2015
Aspirant

This is the results that I get. When I run the speedtest.net website, downstairs near the router I get upwards to 300mbps, but then I go upstairs (line of site) near the satellite, it pushes 150, but then I go into a room and then I am down to 60. After I did that, I came back downstairs and then it only pushes 70 near the router... I don't know what is next...

{
"mac address" :  
"bridge mac" :  
"backhaul rssi" : "-35",
"backhaul macaddress" : 
"backhaul phytxrate" : "780",
"backhaul phyrxrate" : "780",
"backhaul parentmac" : 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors