Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBW30 won't connect

jfoxny
Tutor

RBW30 won't connect

Bought a RBW30 - AC2200 satellite add-on but it will not connect to my existing Orbi system (RBK50 - AC3000). The ring flashes white, then turns blue, then turns magenta no matter where I place it and it never shows up in the list of connected devices (even when blue).

My suspicion is that the firmware on the satellite is older than the firmware on my Orbi router (I'm on the latest firmware). However, when I try to connect to the satilite's own wi-fi network (after doing a factory reset) to do a manual update, I get "Unable to join network," on both my Mac and on my iPhone. So, I cannot even get on to the satellite to do the firmware upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBW30 won't connect

Hello Jfoxny

Did you try to factory reset the rbs30 unit? Hold the reset button for 10 seconds then try the sync again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
jfoxny
Tutor

Yes, as I said in my post, I did a factory reset. Held the reset button until the ring turned orange and then started flashing (it's actually 5 seconds not 10). Still cannot add it to the network and also cannot connect to it's wifi network either.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You should contact support they will be able to replace the unit or help troubleshoot the issue.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7