Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbk50 lastest firmware 2.7.2.104 transmit power skipping 75%

CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Rbk50 lastest firmware 2.7.2.104 transmit power skipping 75%

@Sabbsol wrote:

Does changing country / region of the WiFi also affect transmit power?  I would like to access channels 12 and 13 to avoid interference.

If the Orbi's current region does not offer 12 and 13 (or 14), then changing the region to make them available would seem to be a crime.

I doubt very much that the FCC has resources devoted to finding people who are broadcasting illegal WiFi channels, or even what the penalty is if you get caught.

A bigger issue is that many WiFi devices are not capable of connecting to 12 and 13 because they have been designed to the "lowest common denominator"  in order to be sold world wide.  There have been several posts over the years from users who could not get their (printer, security camera, doorbell, etc.) to connect and the problem was their WiFi was on channel 12 or 13. (In their case, it was supported in their region, but the product did not.)

Message 26 of 27
Sabbsol
Tutor

Re: Rbk50 lastest firmware 2.7.2.104 transmit power skipping 75%

Thanks @CrimpOn 

That's a good point, I have quite a few simple IOT devices that only work 2.4Ghz, and possibly won't work - not worth the trouble then.

I wppreciate the warning

Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7