Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbr20 with RBS20 and RBS40 satellites not recognising devices in App or Web App,.

PeteO17
Aspirant

Rbr20 with RBS20 and RBS40 satellites not recognising devices in App or Web App,.

I recently added satellites to my RBR20 and now have 3 x RBS20 and 2xRBS40 satellites connected to the RBR20. There have been a few reboots recently to allow connection to new devices. All are on the same firmware version.

some devices are connected to the network and functioning correctly but are not visible wither on the web portal or the Orbi App. Some are mobile devices and one is a wired device.all have been visible t some. Stage in the past. 

should I rebuild using the New network process or are there other options. I have tried a factory  reset of the router but not the satellites

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rbr20 with RBS20 and RBS40 satellites not recognising devices in App or Web App,.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR📡 and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wired or wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Try the RBR with just 3 RBS:
Too Much Wifi: https://youtu.be/UR0viMLISz4

Message 2 of 3
PeteO17
Aspirant

Re: Rbr20 with RBS20 and RBS40 satellites not recognising devices in App or Web App,.

Thanks for the reply, and the video was very interesting.

House size is Approx 1800 as ft over 2 floors and I am also extending to use a video camera in a detached garage. One of the satellites needs to be in the loft tomellow our house alarm and sales inverter to be hard wired. They are about 30ft apart.

I have removed one satellite and will remove another to.go down to 3 to test the theory. The strange thing is everything seems to be working apart for the Orbi monitoring capability in the app or web portal.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7