Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbr750 satellites interfering with each other

Rbr750 satellites interfering with each other

Ended up unplugging one of the satellites, I was having interference/confusion which led to poor performance (I assume a loop was created). I suspected they were too close to each other and in the end I found that I only needed one instead of two. This was after turning down the radio power. I have a big house but apparently the range is really good and I didn't need the second satellite. Does anyone have similar experience around this or suggestions? I'm not going to plug the second one back in since it works without it, but I'm curious. 

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Rbr750 satellites interfering with each other

Are you using wired or wireless backhaul? 

I've found it tolerates being to close better if using a wired backhaul.

Otherwise with a wireless backhaul, it needs at least 30 ft between units. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Rbr750 satellites interfering with each other

Wireless backhaul, and no decent way to run wires. I’ve tried different locations for the satellites too. I’m not sure if it was 30 feet though like I said the house is huge. At this point the coverage seems ok so I’ll stay with just one satellite which is sort of in the middle of the house on floor 2 while the router is below ground somewhat below that.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7