Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recently added new RBS20 to my existing RBR50+RBS50+RBS20 setup and now getting intermittent drops

KoodGarma
Guide

Recently added new RBS20 to my existing RBR50+RBS50+RBS20 setup and now getting intermittent drops

I recently added a new Netgear Orbi RBS20 to my existing RBR50+RBS50+RBS20 setup and I'm now getting intermittent disconnections on wired attached devices to the new satellite and to different wireless attached devices, and I want to find out if there are any solutions I can try before giving up and returning the new RBS20.

Things were working fine prior to adding the new RBS20.  I tried removing it and things went back to working okay, so it feels like I've narrowed it down to the new RBS20.

I've already tried power-cycling the sytem, performing a Reboot via the Orbi portal, and all firmware appears up-to-date.

Capture.PNG

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
KoodGarma
Guide

Re: Recently added new RBS20 to my existing RBR50+RBS50+RBS20 setup and now getting intermittent dro

Pic of Firmware versions didn't upload so here is the list:

• RBR50 v2.7.2.104 (existing setup)
  • RBS50 v2.7.2.104 (existing setup)
  • RBS20 v2.6.2.104 (existing setup)
  • RBS20 v2.6.2.104 (newest satellite)
Message 2 of 7
KoodGarma
Guide

Re: Recently added new RBS20 to my existing RBR50+RBS50+RBS20 setup and now getting intermittent dro

My guess is the new RBS20 is too close to either the RBR50 and/or the other satellites. I am going to try reattaching it but further away. Any other ideas? Or maybe turn down the transmit power? By how much though I wonder? 50% or 25% and on which broadcasts?

Message 3 of 7
KoodGarma
Guide

Still getting random drops from router, satellites, and devices losing internet even after removing new RBS20 and power cycle rebooting everything.

Message 4 of 7
vajim
Master

save yourself some time and do a quick scan/search here

2.7.2.104 has problems

Message 5 of 7
KoodGarma
Guide

Thanks! Just read a ton of other posts and just disabled Traffic Meter.  So far so good, hope that fixes it!

Message 6 of 7
vajim
Master

@KoodGarma wrote:

Thanks! Just read a ton of other posts and just disabled Traffic Meter.  So far so good, hope that fixes it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1LDlwh2Tc

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7