Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remote Management Option Not Available in Orbi App

sephethus
Aspirant

Remote Management Option Not Available in Orbi App

I'm connected to my RBR40 from the Orbi app remotely but I can't seem to find any option under settings for enabling remote management. I also don't see any options for managing port forwarding. I opened a port up on my router to forward to a device and it's inaccessible for whatever reason, trying to troubleshoot.

Message 1 of 6
alokeprasad
Mentor

Re: Remote Management Option Not Available in Orbi App

Use the router's web interface to do all this.

Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the Orbi network and enter http://orbilogin.com. The login window opens. Enter the router user name and password and click the Log In button. Note: The user name is admin.

Message 2 of 6
sephethus
Aspirant

So basically I'd have to enable this from the inside? Makes sense. Though it really sucks because I can't troubleshoot the issue I am having remotely now and am basically locked out completely. I thought access anywhere would do the trick.

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@sephethus wrote:

So basically I'd have to enable this from the inside? Makes sense. Though it really sucks because I can't troubleshoot the issue I am having remotely now and am basically locked out completely. I thought access anywhere would do the trick.

Yes, the Orbi "app" is truly a "dumb blond". Cute. Nice to look at. So "today".  But DOES almost nothing. Cannot be used to access most Orbi features, certainly not anything on the "Advanced" tab.

The part that annoys me is there are a couple of features that can be accessed only from the Orbi app, such as the voice settings on the RBS40V.

Message 4 of 6
alokeprasad
Mentor

@CrimpOn wrote:

@sephethus wrote:

Yes, the Orbi "app" is truly a "dumb blond". Cute. Nice to look at. So "today".  But DOES almost nothing. Cannot be used to access most Orbi features, certainly not anything on the "Advanced" tab.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Thats insulting to the blondes of this world.

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Only insulting to the dumb ones.  All the blondes I know are smarter than I am.

(but you're right. if there was a way to delete that post, I'd delete it.)

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7