Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Server certificate can not be trusted - orbi mesh

Tosaf
Aspirant

Server certificate can not be trusted - orbi mesh

Hi all,

I never had issues with my orbi rbk53 mesh.
I have a router and 1 satellite.
The issues started after activated the trial of parental controls. Played with it, blocked my lg oled tv. Since then it’s showing on lg tv a message after connecting to WiFi : “ unable to load, Server certificate cannot be trusted. Please contact content provider”.

Tried to move the tv to “always online” and “ home “ settings, and it was working again.
But when I was turning off parental control, it’s back to this message, so I just kept parental control on.

Now, the trial version is over, parental control disabled, and I cannot access the internet on my LG oled tv. I tried everything.

Any ideas?
It shows as connected to internet…
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Tosaf
Aspirant

Re: Server certificate can not be trusted - orbi mesh

I just setup orbi as AP.
No more issues with that.
I know that it’s not a great solution, but until netgear will learn how to write a software, this will do it.
Thanx, for everyone help.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch. Be sure to not enable Circle or Armor after walking thru the setup wizard. 

You might reset the TV as well. 

Message 2 of 5
Tosaf
Aspirant

I know factory reset will fix it for sure, but resetting the tv is a problem finding the Plex server, Netflix, amazon prime, Apple TV, and more passwords…

That should never happen in the first place..
Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Sound like a good plan.  Reset the Orbi, but do not touch the TV unless absolutely necessary.

Message 4 of 5
Tosaf
Aspirant

I just setup orbi as AP.
No more issues with that.
I know that it’s not a great solution, but until netgear will learn how to write a software, this will do it.
Thanx, for everyone help.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7