× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Very slow rbr50

pland10
Aspirant

Very slow rbr50

I have had Orbi for some time. About a month ago it stopped performing. I am getting in the 90s download and low double digits on upload. I've reset everything in the house and I can't see any benefit. Any suggestions on where to start? My wifi from the fios router is 300 down, but it doesn't reach my upstairs. So, I rely on Orbi.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
pland10
Aspirant

Re: Very slow rbr50

OK, I feel very stupid but sharing this with everyone. I have had the issue for a while. Something changed along the way. Anyways .. . . .. 

I thought I had my orbi satellite connected via ethernet from the RBR50 router. However, instead the wire went from the fios router to the fios wifi extender then to the satellite. Something is off on the extender. I am thinking that it went bad. 

I changed the cable to go from orbi router to satellite and all the issues went away. Someone on another post said to check the connections first. Well, I did that after posting my question.

Thanks to all the prior posts.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
pland10
Aspirant

Re: Very slow rbr50

OK, I feel very stupid but sharing this with everyone. I have had the issue for a while. Something changed along the way. Anyways .. . . .. 

I thought I had my orbi satellite connected via ethernet from the RBR50 router. However, instead the wire went from the fios router to the fios wifi extender then to the satellite. Something is off on the extender. I am thinking that it went bad. 

I changed the cable to go from orbi router to satellite and all the issues went away. Someone on another post said to check the connections first. Well, I did that after posting my question.

Thanks to all the prior posts.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series