Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi printer problem

neosunny
Tutor

WiFi printer problem

I have a wifi printer (Canon PIXMA TS6070) which was function very well in my previous wifi network.

Recently, I have established a new wifi network using the Orbi RBK40 and the previous one was discarded. The performance of the Orbi wifi network is working very good and performance is very good too. All my mobile devices (such as notebook, iPad, mobile phones) can join the new wifi network easily with connecting to the new SSID created. However, my wifi printer is failed to join the wifi network. At the panel screen of the wifi printer, it cannnot detect the SSID of the Orbi network but it can detect all other SSID of my neighbour's network. I don't understand what the problem is. Right now I cannot use the wifi printer wirelessly.

Does anyone here knows what the problem is and have solution for this problem? Please give me some advice. Thank you very much.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Ulairi
Luminary

@neosunny wrote:

Could anyone give me some advices to solve the problem please? I am so frustrated...

Did you see my post on the previously linked thread?

I had the same problem when first settting up and again after a factory reset. It was fixed by setting the 2.4GHz channel to ‘11’ rather than ‘auto’ in the Orbi admin pages ("Advanced, 'Setup', Wireless setup'). 

My printer (Canon MX-870) couldn’t see channel 13 which the auto setting had used to deconflict from neighbor’s signals.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12

All Replies
jimbojames79
Apprentice

I had a similar problem with my Dell. Fixed by changing the 40mhz co existence flag I think. If you search on here you should find it
Message 2 of 12
neosunny
Tutor

Hi  jimbojames79 , thanks for your response. But what is 'the 40mhz co existence flag' ? Can you elaborate it more?

Message 3 of 12
tsig
Luminary

I had to do a reset and fresh set up with my HP printer, which involved cabling to it directly with a pc (or laptop).  A pain, but once set up, no issues.

Message 4 of 12
neosunny
Tutor

Hi, do you mean that you need to do a reset to factory default settings?

Message 5 of 12
jimbojames79
Apprentice

Message 6 of 12
neosunny
Tutor

Hi, thanks for your response.

So, what is the final solution that did not create any "side effects" ?

Message 7 of 12
neosunny
Tutor

Could anyone give me some advices to solve the problem please? I am so frustrated...

Message 8 of 12
Ulairi
Luminary

@neosunny wrote:

Did you see my post on the previously linked thread?

I had the same problem when first settting up and again after a factory reset. It was fixed by setting the 2.4GHz channel to ‘11’ rather than ‘auto’ in the Orbi admin pages ("Advanced, 'Setup', Wireless setup'). 

My printer (Canon MX-870) couldn’t see channel 13 which the auto setting had used to deconflict from neighbor’s signals.

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting WPA and TPIK mode, not WPA2, on the Orbi router then see if the printer sees the SSID name. Let us know.

@neosunny wrote:

I have a wifi printer (Canon PIXMA TS6070) which was function very well in my previous wifi network.

Recently, I have established a new wifi network using the Orbi RBK40 and the previous one was discarded. The performance of the Orbi wifi network is working very good and performance is very good too. All my mobile devices (such as notebook, iPad, mobile phones) can join the new wifi network easily with connecting to the new SSID created. However, my wifi printer is failed to join the wifi network. At the panel screen of the wifi printer, it cannnot detect the SSID of the Orbi network but it can detect all other SSID of my neighbour's network. I don't understand what the problem is. Right now I cannot use the wifi printer wirelessly.

Does anyone here knows what the problem is and have solution for this problem? Please give me some advice. Thank you very much.

Message 10 of 12
neosunny
Tutor

@neosunny wrote:

Finally I am free from busy and try to tackle the problem again. And the problem has been solved.

I have a discussion with Canon technical support. The technician that I spoke with said that all Canon wifi printers can only support 2.4GHz and channels must be 1 to 11. He said the problem should be router using a channel out of the range of Canon printer. So, I check with the Orbi system. The Orbi system is using channels 1 to 13 and has set as "auto" by default. It Orbi use channel 12 or 13, then the printer will not communicate with the Orbi system. And finally the printer can not detect the SSID of Orbi system.

So, I manually changed the Orbi 2.4GHz channel from "auto" to either one of between 1 to 11 that the printer can support. I set it as channel 6 by random. After that, the wifi printer can see / detect the SSID of the Orbi system. And the problem has solved! Thanks god!

I would like to thanks user Ulairi  who has provided me the right hints to tackle with this problem.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation