Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will there be any issues connecting an RBK10 Satellite to an RBK50 router?

zdbrad
Aspirant

Will there be any issues connecting an RBK10 Satellite to an RBK50 router?

We've set up an RBK13 system, but it we cannot get a good signal to either of the Satellites from the Routers.  It works OK if daisy chained, but its still only a 'fair' signal.  We are very limited with the satellite locations.  I'm thinking of getting an RBK50... does anyone know if I can connect the RBR10 Satellites to the RBK50 Router?  I believe the RBK50 is strong enough to get a better signal to each of the satellites, but just need to be sure the RBR10 satellites (from the RBK13 pkg) will connect to the RBK50 router.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Will there be any issues connecting an RBK10 Satellite to an RBK50 router?

Possible, thoght I haven't seen anyone post anything similar. Check the specs on each systems. The 1 series RBS may not have the same specs or connection ratings. 

Message 2 of 5

@zdbrad wrote:

I'm thinking of getting an RBK50... does anyone know if I can connect the RBR10 Satellites to the RBK50 Router? 

Satellites work with whatever Orbi base station you throw them at. Some are more capable on the wifi front.

Message 3 of 5
zdbrad
Aspirant

Thanks for the info.  I checked and the RBK50 is tri-band, where the rbr10 is dual band.  I'm not sure if this indicates there may be issues, but it looks like I'll be giving it a try. 

Thanks again for the help.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if it works. Dual band means that there will be no wireless back haul with the 1 series RBS. The 3rd radio on the 50 series is what this is used for. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7