Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Worth switching from TP-Link AC3150 to Orbi RBK20W AC2200

lancetb
Follower

Worth switching from TP-Link AC3150 to Orbi RBK20W AC2200

I have a TP-Link AC3150 and was thinking of buying a RBK20W. My house is pretty small (1600 FT^2) and I live alone, so I don't need the extra satellite, but was thinking of buying the Orbi because it's supposed to automatically assign channels to devices to reduce congestion. I have 1GBps service (wifi speeds of ~200 Mbps) and don’t have any congestion per se, but do have to reboot the AC3150 every few weeks or my wifi becomes sluggish. I'm not that tech savvy, so don't know if there are really any benefits to switching from the AC3150 to the Orbi RBK20W. Would it be worth switching to the Orbi?

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Worth switching from TP-Link AC3150 to Orbi RBK20W AC2200

I would check the specs on the RBK20 vs your TP-Link. See if the specs are about the same or better.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/orbi.aspx

Depending upon placement and building materials a single router should cover your house hold for the size it is. 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7