Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

help

rbrill
Aspirant

help

I just downloaded Firmware 2.7.4.24 for my RBR40 and now half of my stuff is connected to the internet and the other half isn't.  Seems like the update blocked some of my devices.  Any help would be appreciated, as "Customer Support" wasn't very supportive.   

Message 1 of 5

Re: help

@rbrill wrote:

I just downloaded Firmware 2.7.4.24 for my RBR40 and now half of my stuff is connected to the internet and the other half isn't. 

If there is one it might help if you told people the make and model number of the modem/gateway/ONT that sits between this router and the Internet. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

I ask because a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Have you tried a router reset?

How do I reset my Orbi WiFi System to factory default settings? - NETGEAR Support

The factory reset is more a case of "witchcraft" than a technically informed solution, but it does seem to fix problems, especially on the wifi front. It is also the first thing that Netgear support is likely to recommend.

You can reduce the hassle of reconfiguring your router's settings by creating a configuration backup before you reset.

How do I back up the configuration settings on my Orbi WiFi System? - NETGEAR Support

Then if something is still broken after the reset, and the new firmware has not fixed it, you can restore the device to the pre-reset state.

You could even try restoring the settings even if the reset has fixed the problems, but be prepared for that to bring back your problems.

Message 2 of 5
rbrill
Aspirant

I've had the same set up for 3 years and all has worked fine until now.  Ever since the firmware update I did yesterday not all my devices are getting internet connection.  I tried the factory reset and it did nothing.  Still only a few of my devices are getting internet access. 

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

(sorry to nit-pick....)

As part of the Factory Reset, the router went back to the default WiFi credentials printed on the product label, correct?

And you then changed them to exactly the same credentials that the system had before the firmware update?

Message 4 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @rbrill ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are only able to get half of your wireless devices connected to your Orbi network after a factory reset. This behavior may be the result of multiple devices sending "ACK" requests to the router at the same time. To resolve this issue please turn off all of your wireless devices and then add them back to your Orbi network one at a time. If your Orbi is using the same SSID and password combination that is known by the devices then you would only need to turn on the devices one at a time. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7