Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Daisy chain RBK353

Bmehboob1
Follower

Daisy chain RBK353

Hi

I have an Netgear Orbi RBK353. 

I live in a 2500 square foot house, with relatively thick walls.

My router is plugged in at the back of the house, with one satellite in the front hallway and the second satellite in my office almost directly above the first satellite. 

I am not quite sure how the devices work, but most pieces of tech in my office are connected to the downstairs satellite. (on the map the office satellite often shows up with the amber dot).

I was hoping to 'daisy chain' the devices, but there does not appear to be clear instruction on how to do this. Is anyone able to advise?

I must comment that I am particularly frustrated with Netgear, in this day and age where there is so much focus on customer service how can they only offer 90 day support? I am considering whether to just give up on Netgear and try a competitor. 

Any help is much appreciated! 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Daisy chain RBK353

Daisy chain is an automated process now. 

The router/satellites basically test to determine if the speed/performance hit is worth it to daisy chain versus using a decreased connection. 

In terms of support, its a challenging question. 

The problem is how many of the problems that people have aren't because of the router or can be answered by simply looking at the manual. Consumer router companies can't afford to be a persons free support service and still be profitable. Which is why the support side of it is only free for 90 days. enough for a person to get their system up and running and the bugs figured out. After that, it does cost $. Or you can use the community forum for help. Most major networking companies have a community forum for this reason. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX)" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

@Bmehboob1 wrote:

Hi

My router is plugged in at the back of the house, with one satellite in the front hallway and the second satellite in my office almost directly above the first satellite. 

I am not quite sure how the devices work, but most pieces of tech in my office are connected to the downstairs satellite. (on the map the office satellite often shows up with the amber dot).

I was hoping to 'daisy chain' the devices, but there does not appear to be clear instruction on how to do this. Is anyone able to advise?

I must comment that I am particularly frustrated with Netgear, in this day and age where there is so much focus on customer service how can they only offer 90 day support? I am considering whether to just give up on Netgear and try a competitor. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Bmehboob1 wrote:

Hi

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7