Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR853 Satellites show disconnected but are working over Wifi.

SDshaun
Aspirant

Orbi RBR853 Satellites show disconnected but are working over Wifi.

Satellites are hard wired over CAT6. Been working okay but noticed connection issues with devices connected to the satellites yesterday. The network showed the satellites as all being disconnect. Rebooted and all the attached devices seem to work okay now but network still shows the satilittes as disconnected.

When viewing Attached Devices it shows all Devices in the network  but everything is listed under Main Router, nothing under the satellites. Also all devices show as Wired, even the ones that are WIFI and likely connected to the satellites. 

Firmware V3.2.16.22_1.4.9 as listed on the Web UI.

Can't conform the firmware for the satellites as they are not showing up. (So not sure what they have but likely up to date)

Rebooted the router many times and still the same. 

Recently did a factory rest on another issue (Could not connect to the router Web or APP, unless rebooted every few days.) so its been reset recently but was working until it wasn't. 

Did not reboot or do anything with the satellites mostly because they are in locations like the attic which are hard to get access. 

So frustrating that this always needs something rebooted or fixed. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR853 Satellites show disconnected but are working over Wifi.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Are you seeing this on the Orbi app or on the RBRs web page? 

When you connected the RBS to the RBR, did you first sync them to the RBR wirelessly, THEN after they were sync'd, connect them via ethernet? 

Is there a ethernet switch in the configuration between the RBS and RBR?

Message 2 of 6
SDshaun
Aspirant

Hi thanks for the questions, and answers below.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Cox and the Arris CM820

Are you seeing this on the Orbi app or on the RBRs web page? 

Currently both

When you connected the RBS to the RBR, did you first sync them to the RBR wirelessly, THEN after they were sync'd, connect them via ethernet? 

Yes, I did do that, had them working wireless for a couple days when I first installed them before hardwiring them.

Is there a ethernet switch in the configuration between the RBS and RBR?

There is, its Dlink 24 port and one of the satilittes first hits a Dlink 8 port then to the same 24 port. (I just power off and on the 24 port just for fun but didn't see a change.)

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What are the model #s of these switches. 

What happens if you take both RBS to the same room or near the RBR and with a ethernet cable, connect them behind the RBR directly?

Message 4 of 6
SDshaun
Aspirant

The main switch is the Dlink DGS-1024D

Checking to see the route the satellites takes to get to the router. I think since goes directly to the DGS-1024D and the other hits a 8 port switch but will confirm. 

Either way I disconnected one of them and moved it closer and when I plugged it back in, it connected perfect via wireless. The other still shows disconnected. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you take both RBS to the same room or near the RBR and with a ethernet patch cable, connect them behind the RBR directly?

RBS are using same version of FW as RBR? 

Also this model switch has some Green Ethernet features that may cause prblems on Orbi systems. NG GS-105/108v4, D-Link DGS-105/108 and HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series switches work for Orbi systems.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7