Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000 with Outdoor Mesh Point

kleek1975
Guide

Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000 with Outdoor Mesh Point

I currently deploy Netgear Insight managed switches on my home network.  I really like Insight App.  I'm wanting to upgrade my Amplifi HD wifi system with a Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000.  My home has fiber and 1000 MB upload/dowload speed.  I have a large backyard with a pool and other ammenities (not to mention lots of outdoor devices that need good wifi).  I don't want an extender as I move back and forth from the indoor and outdoor areas of my home regularly.  Does Netgear make a Mesh Point for outdoors that is compatible with the Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000?  Not an extender, but a true mesh point.

Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000 with Outdoor Mesh Point

@kleek1975 wrote:

Does Netgear make a Mesh Point for outdoors that is compatible with the Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000?  Not an extender, but a true mesh point.

This question will probably get a more informed response if posted in the community forum devoted to the AX product line:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

While there may be one or two people who are active in the "regular Orbi" forum who also own an AX system, the vast majority of us are here because our product is the original WiFi5 residential Orbi.

In my opinion, you are wise to settle this issue before committing to a product.

Message 2 of 7
kleek1975
Guide

Thanks for the recomendation.  I reposted as you suggested!

Message 3 of 7
Orbi220
Aspirant

Did you get the answer? I am in same situation. Please share.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

The RBS50Y outdoor satellite is compatible, however Extender mode FW needs to be loaded on it first. Orbi mode FW on RBS50Y is not compatible with Orbi AX. 

@Orbi220 wrote:

Message 5 of 7
Orbi220
Aspirant

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@kleek1975 wrote:

I currently deploy Netgear Insight managed switches on my home network.  I really like Insight App.  I'm wanting to upgrade my Amplifi HD wifi system with a Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000.  My home has fiber and 1000 MB upload/dowload speed.  I have a large backyard with a pool and other ammenities (not to mention lots of outdoor devices that need good wifi).  I don't want an extender as I move back and forth from the indoor and outdoor areas of my home regularly.  Does Netgear make a Mesh Point for outdoors that is compatible with the Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000?  Not an extender, but a true mesh point.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7