Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Wifi6 (RBK850+RBS850) + Philips Hue + Homekit issue

Lewes1973
Aspirant

Orbi Wifi6 (RBK850+RBS850) + Philips Hue + Homekit issue

Hello All,

I recently bought and installed an RBK850+RBS850 combo to exchange my old Amplifi HD setup. Devices are running on the latest firmware (4.6.7.13) connected to each other wirelessly.

There are around5 wired connections to RBK850, including a Philips Hue Hub.

There are around 40 wireless devices, from which 2 iPads connected using 5Ghz network, running 24/7 utilizing Apple Homekit to manage all the smart devices in my house.

The environment is up only around a week, but there is an issue I can't fix: after around 3 days of operation, both iPads (not simultaneously) start to react to changes towards the Hue lights quite slowly. I press a button (in the Homekit app) to turn on/off a light, and it takes around 20-25 seconds to execute. Other devices seems working fine.

The only solution I found, that I disable the wifi on the iPad(s), enable again, and it is fast for a few days.

The 5Ghz network is running on channel 36, Preamble mode automatic, CTS/RTS is 2347.

Any suggestion for a fix?

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Wifi6 (RBK850+RBS850) + Philips Hue + Homekit issue

What happens if you disable AX mode on 2.4Ghz on the RBR?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 5
Lewes1973
Aspirant

AX mode is already disabled on 2.4Ghz, but the devices connected to 5Ghz, where it is enabled.

The house is 100squaremeter, the router and satellite is around 8 meters to each other, but the router is in a rack cabinet, plus there is a door between the 2 devices.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Try disabling AX mode on 5Ghz and see. 

10 meters would be preferred between the RBR and RBS and in between each RBS...

Message 4 of 5
Lewes1973
Aspirant

Going back to this topic - so far I was not able to fix the issue. Anything I change, the original problem remains, and the only way is to disable/enable wifi, or completely reboot the iPads.

Any other suggestion?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7