Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Printer connection issue

ahswp
Apprentice

Printer connection issue

I have an Epson ET-5800 connected to wifi. Almost every day it disconnects from my wifi (Orbi 750 mesh). When I unplug it, then plug it back in, it reconnects. Its really frustrating. When I've contacted EPSON they blame my router saying that the mesh is the problem. I do not have any other devices that have this problem of constant disconnects. I tried reserving the port but this did not fix the issue.

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 6
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Printer connection issue

I've found that you can often maximize Orbi AX compatibility with older wireless devices with:

• In http://orbilogin.com, Advanced tab, Advanced... Wireless Settings set CTS/RTS Threshold for both bands to 2347
  • If that doesn't work, in Setup... Wireless Setup also try unchecking "Enable 2.4G" for Enable AX to disable AX for the 2.4Ghz band (only).  You're AX devices, if any, are probably using 5Ghz anyway so disabling AX for 2.4Ghz doesn't really hurt you.
Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Set CTS to 2347. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 1

Try disabling AX mode on the RBR. Under Basic Tab/Wireless Settings.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway is the orbi connected to? 

Have you tried setting the printer with a reserved IP address? 

Message 4 of 6
ahswp
Apprentice

Yes as I mentioned I had a reserved IP and it didn’t fix the problem - that was one of the first things I tried
Message 5 of 6
ahswp
Apprentice

Tried that already didn’t work unfortunately
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements