Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK852 - Odd music streaming app behaviour

spater
Aspirant

RBK852 - Odd music streaming app behaviour

I have a simple system set-up: I stream music to my wireless speaker (Devialet) via the Tidal and Spotify apps on my iPhone or iPad.

I have a problem where I press play on the music app, but no music plays from the speakers (but the devices are connected via AirPlay). To rectify, I need to close the Tidal (or Spotify) app, re-open it, press play and then the music plays from the speaker.

This only seems to happen when I am connected via 5GHz and not 2.4GHz (I check via Orbi app Device Manager)

Only a minor irritant, but I'd like to try and resolve - anyone else had this issue?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK852 - Odd music streaming app behaviour

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using?

Check with the Mfrom of the streaming device as well for additional help and information.

Message 2 of 6
spater
Aspirant

Hi - firmware version is V3.2.17.12_1.4.14

The Orbi is connected to a BT FTTC modem that was pre-installed in the house before I moved in. (BT is the ISP)

Using channel 40 for 5GHz and 'Auto' for 2.4GHz

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz

Try changing CTS values from 64 to 2347 on the RBR...

Message 4 of 6
spater
Aspirant

Tried adjusting the channels and CTS values throughout today but no difference unfortunately.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with the music and speaker mfr and see if they have any additional help and information...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7