Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What issues will I encounter splitting RBR850 pair during move?

JCase
Aspirant

What issues will I encounter splitting RBR850 pair during move?

I am buying a new home and will have internet installed a week before moving. I would like to take my RBR850 satellite unit to the new house and get things connected. Other than diminished coverage in the old house, what issues will I face at the new house? 

Ideally, I would keep the same network name so everything will automatically be added. Once I move, I’ll add the old home unit as a satellite. 

This sounds too easy to be plausible. LOL Any input is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: What issues will I encounter splitting RBR850 pair during move?

The issue is that moving the satellite (RBS850) to the new house and leaving the router (RBR850) will result in:

• Less total WiFi coverage in the old house.
  • No network at all in the new house.

The satellite functions only when connected to the base router.  By itself it will do nothing at all.

And, yes, using exactly the same WiFi SSID/password in the new house is the way to go.  Every device should connect and work immediately.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

The issue is that moving the satellite (RBS850) to the new house and leaving the router (RBR850) will result in:

• Less total WiFi coverage in the old house.
  • No network at all in the new house.

The satellite functions only when connected to the base router.  By itself it will do nothing at all.

And, yes, using exactly the same WiFi SSID/password in the new house is the way to go.  Every device should connect and work immediately.

Message 2 of 3
JCase
Aspirant

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7