Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi 6 Chromebook Disconnects

lw187
Guide

WiFi 6 Chromebook Disconnects

So, my problems are very obviously only present on WiFi 6 Chromebooks. 

Acer713 and two Samsung Galaxy Chromebooks consistently have strong connections to RBS850 satellites, but will expereince a drop in WiFi while continuing to display a Strong wifi connection. This is devastating with three kids on remote learning and relying on Zoom/Google Meet. When they use an old Chromebook: Rock solid. When they use a WiFi 6 chromebook? The exact opposite. 

I've got 20/40 enabled, set to 2305, AX is on (because it's Oct 2020 and I expect AX functionality to be there), Preamble set to Auto. 

Guess I have to turn off the feature that I invested 1500 dollars in? (AX) Happy days. 

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: WiFi 6 Chromebook Disconnects

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Please turn OFF all RBS, Doe the chrombooks connect to the RBR while its online alone or do they still experience problems with just the RBR? 

Try with AX Mode disable just to see if this changes anything...

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://https://https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Either set CTS to 64 or 2347, not 2305. 

You can try setting 40Mhz only channel width to see as well. Just uncheck the check box. 

Message 2 of 5
lw187
Guide

What Firmware version is currently loaded? V3.2.16.6

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? Verizon G1100 Quantum Gateway set to bridge (effectively acting as a switch). That is wired into my RBR850 set to Router mode. Then 4 satellites are ethernet wired to the RBR. 

Please turn OFF all RBS, Doe the chrombooks connect to the RBR while its online alone or do they still experience problems with just the RBR? I will try this 

Try with AX Mode disable just to see if this changes anything...I will try this

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. I everything is hardwired (not wirelessly connected). I have the RBR in the basement. One floor directly up are two satellites (25 ft apart) and another floor up are two more satellites (about 35 ft apart). 

Either set CTS to 64 or 2347, not 2305. Done, switched to 2347

You can try setting 40Mhz only channel width to see as well. Just uncheck the check box. I will start with this.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

"ne floor directly up are two satellites (25 ft apart)" This is too close. 30 feet or more distance in between is recommended. 

Message 4 of 5
lw187
Guide

Yeah, I know, it's 5 ft though, what can I do. Everything else is working great, as is. 

By disabling AX, does that essentially reduce this router to my previous AC RBR50's performance? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7