Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK752 - Have to reboot at least twice a day

Durpquad
Star

RBK752 - Have to reboot at least twice a day

I just went from the RBK50 to the RBK752. Right out of the box the device notified of firmware update to:

V3.2.16.22_1.4.9

So I didn't really spend any time on 3.2.16.6

Problem is that all the devices connected to the satellite drop to a crawl and start getting internet timeout. Satellite is exactly where I had the RBS50 (about 25ft from main router). If I hit the sync button on the satellite it sometimes brings everything back in order, but usually starts dropping internet a few minutes later. Roku streaming comes through on super low bandwidth (pixelated). Roku is connect via Cat5e to the RBS satellite.

A full reboot of the RBK752 system brings everything back to normal. There are no lights indicated a loss of connection on the RBR or RBS. When the RBS boots up it's a blue signal light. Connection shows "good" in the gui.

Everything is default on the router except CTS/RTS is at 256. I have about 30 devices connected to this system.

Curious if others are having same type of issues. I have until the 16th of Jan to return it. Didn't really have any issues with my RBK50 setup, but super bummed out that this new setup isn't stable.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Great. Please mark your thread as solved so theres will know. Enjoy. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Be sure that CTS are changed to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

You can find other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

Message 2 of 6
Durpquad
Star

Just did a factory reset. Will let it go for a couple days and see if that helps.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please give feedback on the other questions presented. Thank you. 

Message 4 of 6
Durpquad
Star

My setup has been rock solid since the factory reset. I did test with cts/rts at 2347 and it dropped my DL speed to 1MB. I backed off slowly and ended up back at 64. Dl speeds 180MB on the device I tested with. Also noticed at 2347 had issues with my ring equipment.
Everything is working great now.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Great. Please mark your thread as solved so theres will know. Enjoy. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7