× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does forgetting network and reconnecting do anything ?

andej
Aspirant

Does forgetting network and reconnecting do anything ?

I purchased the new Orbi Wifi 7 system and initially renamed the SSID to my previous network to save the effort of moving a lot of devices over.

I am experiencing some poor reliability with this system compared my previous system that cost 1/10hth the price.

However, i'm wondering if the process of "forgetting the network" and then reconnecting to it do anything different than if I just allowed the existing devices automatically connect to the old SSID name ?

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Does forgetting network and reconnecting do anything ?

As long as the WiFi credentials are exactly the same, there is no need to (or benefit from) "forget" the connection.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Does forgetting network and reconnecting do anything ?

What system did you have? 

What firmware version is on the router and the satellite currently?

What modem/gateway is it connected to?

How big is your home? the newer 7 systems have a bit more coverage and you can have to much coverage at times

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7