× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I am currently on IOT network with my pixel 8 pro

AbbasRaza
Tutor

I am currently on IOT network with my pixel 8 pro

Can you tell us when will you guys release the firmware. I am currently on IOT network with my pixel 8 pro.

Message 1 of 25

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I am currently on IOT network with my pixel 8 pro

Did you get a beta version from NG that was working? If you had then updated over that, then you might have re-introduced the problem. If you have the beta version from NG, you'll need to apply it back ON again to the RBR. You'll also need to disable Auto Update as well on the RBR first. 

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 25

All Replies
Straq
NETGEAR Expert

Hi there,
Engineering team here. It will be about a few weeks before FW release. I will be messaging directly if you will like to receive FW earlier.

Message 2 of 25
plemans
Guru

why are you on the IoT network? 

It won't connect to the primary network? 

what version of android is on the pixel pro 8?
Reason I ask is my Moto Edge+ 2023 only connects to wpa2 and has issues with mixed wpa2/wpa3 on Wifi 7. 

Supposed to be an update someint with android 14 that fixes the issue but I have it on both my RBE973s and an Arris G54 (wifi 7)

Message 3 of 25
AbbasRaza
Tutor

It's because of the pixel 8 pro. If I connect to the primary SSID the orbi just randomly reboots itself. Every time. It's a known issue and Netgear team is aware of this. Please see above comments from the engineering team. They are trying to fix this issue with a firmware update. For some reason it works perfect on the IoT network. I have it set to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi only.
Message 4 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, another user mentioned putting there Pixel devices in the IoT network and it solved the issue as a work around. Yes, NG is aware of it and does have a fix there testing. I believe you can get the fix from @Straq

Please send him a private message and check on this. 

Message 5 of 25
AbbasRaza
Tutor

Yup he did reach out to me. I just want to make sure if anyone else has used this beta firmware from him and has had no issues. Any info will help before I pull the trigger on the beta firmware
Message 6 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Load it up. RBS first then RBR lastly. After the system has processed the new files, I'd power OFF the system for 30 seconds then back ON. Give about 5-10 minutes for the system to fully come to ready. Disable the IoT network then try your Pixel devices on the main Wifi network you have setup. 

Let us know the results.

Message 7 of 25
AbbasRaza
Tutor

Ok guess I'll give it a try. I won't disable the Iot because I have a bunch of devices on there. Will reach out to Strag on a private message and get the beta. If for some reason it doesn't work, I can always go back to the old firmware correct?
Message 8 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes.

Message 9 of 25
nakiri
Tutor

The good thing is how frequent/reliable the issue is in terms of repeatability. No crashes with 24hrs of uptime with the Beta release. I can safely say that it's fixed the issue for me.

I've redeployed the satellites and reconnected most of my wired/wireless network. Leaving, 240MHz MLO backhaul, IPv6, MAC randomization and PiHole DNS off for now. I don't want to add those back until I have a better sense of the stability of things and may wait until this fix hits a general release.

Message 10 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

That should be good then. Ya was told the beta fixes Pixel issues. After a time, Turn ON the other features. 

If you don't have native IPv6 from your ISP, You can leave IPv6 disabled. 

Message 11 of 25
AbbasRaza
Tutor

Everything looks good on my end as well so far with the beta firmware and pixel 8 pro on my end. Just a quick question. What does PiHole DNS do? I know the 240mhz helps with better traffic for wifi which I might end up applying today when I get home.
Message 12 of 25
nakiri
Tutor

PiHole is a Raspberry Pi based DNS filter/ad-blocker. Blocks many ad-provider networks at the DNS level.

Message 13 of 25
AbbasRaza
Tutor

Got it thanks. How do I enable IPv6?
Message 14 of 25
nakiri
Tutor

Check you ISP's webpage for specifics but probably want to enable it with Auto Detect or Auto Config. You may not need it though since legacy IPv4 is still supported almost universally. In my case I need it for WFH corporate VPN for family members when they visit. 

IPv6.png

Message 15 of 25
AbbasRaza
Tutor

Hello, it has happened again!! I just updated the router yesterday to the new V9.10.1.4 firmware yesterday because I got the prompt that I needed to update my router. After that is back to the same issues where I get random reboots and when I leave my home with the pixel 8 pro and come back home, the router just goes on reboot mode. Sometimes I have to lower off and on the router.
Message 16 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you get v.4 from NG via PM? or did the RBR update via auto update?

Please confirme what version of FW is currently loaded on the RBR and all RBS...

@AbbasRaza wrote:
Hello, it has happened again!! I just updated the router yesterday to the new V9.10.1.4 firmware yesterday because I got the prompt that I needed to update my router. After that is back to the same issues where I get random reboots and when I leave my home with the pixel 8 pro and come back home, the router just goes on reboot mode. Sometimes I have to lower off and on the router.

Message 17 of 25
AbbasRaza
Tutor

I saw the update popup when I checked on the orbi app on my phone and I downloaded it. I am now back on my Iot SSID. If I go back on my primary SSID the orbi goes cukku cukku again.
Message 18 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you get a beta version from NG that was working? If you had then updated over that, then you might have re-introduced the problem. If you have the beta version from NG, you'll need to apply it back ON again to the RBR. You'll also need to disable Auto Update as well on the RBR first. 

Message 19 of 25
AbbasRaza
Tutor

Okay I will send a private message to the engineering person and get the firmware again. How do I disable the auto download on RBR
Message 20 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Check for a enable and disable Check For FW Updates on the FW Update page on the RBRs WEB Ui. 

Did you not keep the intial beta FW file they sent you? 

Message 21 of 25
Straq
NETGEAR Expert

I have reached out to him. He previous had V9.10.1.3001. V9.10.1.4 does not have fix for Pixel which is reason why he sees issue again.

Message 22 of 25
nakiri
Tutor

Thanks for confirming that. I had turned off auto updates and will also stay on x.x.x.3001 for the time being -- which is working fine for me.

Is the Pixel 8 Pro hot fix in the next release stream?

Message 23 of 25
AbbasRaza
Tutor

So far so good. The Router has been working great under this V.10.2.3. with my pixel 8 pro. I have not installed my one satellite since i have updated to this firmware because i noticed whenever any device that is using the quest SSID for some reason when they are connected to the satellite the device shows that it has full connection and everything but there is no internet working for example google chrome, youtube nothing loads. Do you think this new V10.2.3 fixes this guest network issue? 

Message 24 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

IF you didn't update the RBS, lets get that online. Hopefully it will connect so you can update the RBS. 

Message 25 of 25
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series