× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pump Spy

Billy1956
Aspirant

Pump Spy

I Can't get pump spy connected to wifi? It is listed under web URL as allowed but not connected. I turned off Armor and I have the IOT turned off because I have no idea how to set up or connect certain devices to it. The service tech suggested I try connecting the pump spy to the 2.4 network. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Pump Spy

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 6
Billy1956
Aspirant

Thanks, I got it connected. But how do I tell what is connected to what network?
Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

The Orbi Attached Devices screen displays this information in the Connection Type field.

For example, a Samsung tablet was connected to the IoT network of an RBR750:

CrimpOn_0-1717711323627.png

Notice the Connection Type is 5GHz - IoT

The tablet was then connected to the same router Guest network:

The Connection Type now shows 5GHz - Guest

CrimpOn_1-1717711435962.png

Another interesting tidbit is that the RBR750 assigns IPs from the primary DHCP pool to both devices on the primary network (wired and WiFi) , but assigns IPs in the 192.168.2.x IP subnet to devices on the Guest network.

Message 4 of 6
Billy1956
Aspirant

Thank You

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@Billy1956 wrote:
Thanks, I got it connected. But how do I tell what is connected to what network?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series