Reply
Highlighted
Aspirant

CBR40 device and internet issues

I'm having multiple issues with my new CBR40.  Installed it and set it up with Spectrum as my ISP, per the Netgear instructions.   For wireless phones, e.g. iPhone 7plus, the wifi seems to connect just fine but then the internet drops out constantly, like once per minute.  For wireless PCs, (Toshiba Laptop, HP), the laptop will see the wifi network and connect to it but comes back with no internet connection.  I have both a DirecTV box and a Samsung TV hard wired into the CBR40 and both say no connection...  Not sure if all these are somehow related but this is truly maddening.  I opened a case with Netgear 6 days ago and still no response...

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Guru

Re: CBR40 device and internet issues

What Firmware is currently loaded?

Please check with the ISP to ensure the signal from there system to the CBK40 is good and working well. Have them check for any log or line issues.


What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

 

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).


@rbenso1 wrote:

I'm having multiple issues with my new CBR40.  Installed it and set it up with Spectrum as my ISP, per the Netgear instructions.   For wireless phones, e.g. iPhone 7plus, the wifi seems to connect just fine but then the internet drops out constantly, like once per minute.  For wireless PCs, (Toshiba Laptop, HP), the laptop will see the wifi network and connect to it but comes back with no internet connection.  I have both a DirecTV box and a Samsung TV hard wired into the CBR40 and both say no connection...  Not sure if all these are somehow related but this is truly maddening.  I opened a case with Netgear 6 days ago and still no response...


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: CBR40 device and internet issues

Thanks for the assistance. Firmware is V2.3.0.10.
Updated it when I first installed it to what it said was the latest rev. My neighbor has the only other wireless network nearby. The satellites both seem to be working fine. One is about 15ft away but upstairs and one is about 35ft away .
Cable company says there’s been no issues on the line.
Tried configuring per your instructions but unfortunately the PCs and TV still don’t see the internet. They connect to the WiFi just fine. Same issue happened with the phone. Just sporadically saying no internet. The Directv box at least recognized the hard Ethernet line, so that was progress.
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Guru

Re: CBR40 device and internet issues

Try a factory reset on the CBR40. Then setup from scratch. Turn OFF all RBS and just test with the wifi at the CBR unit. 

 

The one RBS at 15 feet is tooo close. 30 feet distance minimum. 

 

Is Daisy Chain enabled Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings?


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Guru

Re: CBR40 device and internet issues

Any progress on this? 


@rbenso1 wrote:
Thanks for the assistance. Firmware is V2.3.0.10.
Updated it when I first installed it to what it said was the latest rev. My neighbor has the only other wireless network nearby. The satellites both seem to be working fine. One is about 15ft away but upstairs and one is about 35ft away .
Cable company says there’s been no issues on the line.
Tried configuring per your instructions but unfortunately the PCs and TV still don’t see the internet. They connect to the WiFi just fine. Same issue happened with the phone. Just sporadically saying no internet. The Directv box at least recognized the hard Ethernet line, so that was progress.

 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: CBR40 device and internet issues

Spent 4 hrs on the phone with NETGEAR technical services. Conclusion was there was some kind of hardware problem and to return the gear. Broke out the old Spectrum cable modem and bought a new Orbi router with a couple satellites. It’s working with everything but the laptops. Not sure why....
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Guru

Re: CBR40 device and internet issues

Thats a shame. 

 

What model Orbi did you get? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

 


@rbenso1 wrote:
Spent 4 hrs on the phone with NETGEAR technical services. Conclusion was there was some kind of hardware problem and to return the gear. Broke out the old Spectrum cable modem and bought a new Orbi router with a couple satellites. It’s working with everything but the laptops. Not sure why....

 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1665 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements