Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Spectrum does NOT support Orbi CBR40 like the box list

JC55
Aspirant

Spectrum does NOT support Orbi CBR40 like the box list

I purchased the bundled CBR40 cable modem/router with 2 RBS20 Satellites. Figured easy setup...Spectrum was listed on the box right after Xfinity. HOWEVER, Spectrum had to send a tech to "provision" the unit. WHY, because I had to agree to poor performance. After 30 minutes or so, Internet was a finally a go. While the tech was still at the house, I wanted to make sure the satellites would connect. First satellite connected fine. Second satellite would not. Moved it near the CBR40 still no luck. Tech said, well you have internet. That is all I can help with...left after saying I may want to return it for a solution that Spectrum actually recommends. My question: do I return it or is there something that the tech didn't know about. He said they have not been trained on the CBR40 modem/router 2in1.

Message 1 of 6
JC55
Aspirant

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll have to talk to Spectrum about the CBR provisioning. NG has nothing to do with that side of the CBR40. I know for a fact it is as I helped beta test it and saw others with Spectrum testing it out as well. Mines on CableOne. 

What FW version do you have on the CBR40 and the satellite? Was FW updated first on the CBR40 before the satellite was updated or connected? 

As far as the satellite sync goes, Lets try this first: Do this with the satellite in the same room as the CBR40.

Using the back reset push pin button on the satellite. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate. Press the black sync button on the back of the CBR40. Then press the black sync button on the back of the satellite. 

Wait for the top LED on the satellite to turn BLUE. Let us know if it doesn't or turns PINK. 

The satellite mabye out of sync with FW on the CBR40

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

@JC55 wrote:

I purchased the bundled CBR40 cable modem/router with 2 RBS20 Satellites. Figured easy setup...Spectrum was listed on the box right after Xfinity. HOWEVER, Spectrum had to send a tech to "provision" the unit. WHY, because I had to agree to poor performance. After 30 minutes or so, Internet was a finally a go. While the tech was still at the house, I wanted to make sure the satellites would connect. First satellite connected fine. Second satellite would not. Moved it near the CBR40 still no luck. Tech said, well you have internet. That is all I can help with...left after saying I may want to return it for a solution that Spectrum actually recommends. My question: do I return it or is there something that the tech didn't know about. He said they have not been trained on the CBR40 modem/router 2in1.

Message 3 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JC55

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information FURRYe38 provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If issue still unresolved, kindly describe the ring LED behavior when you sync the satellite to the router. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
JC55
Aspirant

Thanks for the insight. I updated the FW and moved both satellites to the same room as the CBR40. I'll move them to opposite ends of the house tomorrow. BTW: house is one story 3000 sf. Yes, 2 satellites may be overkill, but also want solid coverage in the backyard.

Even though I had to verbally tell Spectrum that I was ok if I didn't get the speed expected...I just did a speed test 110.68 download and 10.34 upload and 10Ping.  Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Just make sure the placement and distance between base router and satellites starts at about 30 feet. Any closer and you could see wifi problems appear. I have a 5000sq ft home and just one satellite. 40 feet in between. Great overage inside and out. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7