Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 6000 sq ft plus coach house WiFi

Rdhaliwal84
Follower

6000 sq ft plus coach house WiFi

Looking into the orbi system for my house. The home is about 6000 sq ft plus a coach house. 2 levels. Main router connection is on one side of the home on the upper floor. Any tips or advice would be appreciated to get the WiFi signal stronger and further. Coach home is about 50ft from the main house on the corner.
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

30 feet is recommended in between Orbi router and Orbi satellites to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Ive had an RBR and just 1 satellite place at opposite ends of the house with 40 feet in between and have great coverate and operation. Router is upstairs while satellite is on main level. 

6000 sq ft may need two satallites. 

Message 2 of 3
tucsontico
Virtuoso

I have an RBR50 system with two satellites (daisy chained) to cover a 3000 sq ft main house and an attached 1000 sq ft garage/workshop. The entire structure is concrete block with stuccoed exterior and drywall interior. The construction materials make spreading WiFi signals a challenge. I had to daisy chain the router and satellites due to my ISP modem being installed in the farthest corner away form the rest of the house. However, the Orbi handles it very nicely, e.g., I have pool equipment automation about 60 ft away from the main house/router and get good coverage to that point. Additionally, I have solar panel WiFi reporting and the sensor is about 40 ft from the nearest satellite through 2 concrete block walls. I'm quite satisfied with the way Orbi handles my installation. Please note that I'm in a semi-rural area with little to no interference from neighboring WiFi signals.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7