Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access Control Constantly Blocking devices

Thutch79
Aspirant

Access Control Constantly Blocking devices

Someone tell me there’s a solution to it randomly blocking devices even though they all show as allowed? I don’t have time for this crap. These things go out the f’n window if there’s not a nice simple solution. It’s on the latest FW. I paid way too much for crap like this. My way aound it is to select all devices, and say allow in the web browser version even though they already say allow. Then devices seem to keep falling off the map again. This is absurd for something of this cost.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Access Control Constantly Blocking devices

My Orbi has Access Control set to "off".  Only devices that know my 30 character WiFi password can connect.  What do I gain by maintaining a table of MAC addresses that are "allowed"?

Message 2 of 3
Thutch79
Aspirant

Re: Access Control Constantly Blocking devices

I tried turning off access control. It didn't work. It got so bad last night, even my workaround of selecting all devices and chosing allow wasn't freeing anything up. I finally factory reset the thing. Seems ok today, but we'll see.

My patience for this is extremely low. A: this is one of the most expensive home mesh systems, and B: trying to get the kids of wifi for school absolutely can't be screwed up by this right now. If Netgear is having issues like this on a mature product that doesn't have any crazy custom setup (my system is mostly stock setup besides passwords), that's pathetic. One more hint of an issue, these things go on ebay and I buy something else.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7