Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Add on rbs40 speed with rbk50

Ravisdavis
Follower

Add on rbs40 speed with rbk50

I think i know the answer but want to be sure... Have the rbk50 and want to add maybe an rbs40 and connect that through ethernet to ps4 and maybe the tv. Is the backhaul speed of the satellite 866 or does that just apply to the rbk40 router? 

Guess what I'm asking is will the rbs40 slow down any part of the network, especially if the satellites daisy chain? Just thinking of an addon rbs40 over an rbs50 for cost reasons. I don't have the option to run ethernet cable to any of the satellites for a wired backhaul. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Add on rbs40 speed with rbk50

THe RBS differ in connetion rate and some features. Actual data flow should be good however the RBS unit seem to match what eack RBK router supports and handles in regards to conection rates. You might want to keep same matching models for your router. 

@Ravisdaviswrote:

I think i know the answer but want to be sure... Have the rbk50 and want to add maybe an rbs40 and connect that through ethernet to ps4 and maybe the tv. Is the backhaul speed of the satellite 866 or does that just apply to the rbk40 router? 

Guess what I'm asking is will the rbs40 slow down any part of the network, especially if the satellites daisy chain? Just thinking of an addon rbs40 over an rbs50 for cost reasons. I don't have the option to run ethernet cable to any of the satellites for a wired backhaul. Thanks. 

Message 2 of 3
ClintoKL
Apprentice

Re: Add on rbs40 speed with rbk50

Stay aay from the RBS40 and the RBK30, they are the most pitiful excuse for hardware you will find. The RBS50 is great. But i have tried the RBK30 and 2 different RBS40 and to say they are rubbish is an insult to rubbish. To put it in perspective, I can take my Samsung S7 phone into a corner of the house and get a 12Mb connection to the Orbi RB50 router. Ive tried installing the RBW30 and 2 different RBS40's and they cant even connect to the router!!!!! What a joke.

Although my RBS50 stuff works great, I will never ever buy Netgear again. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7