Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Alternative to Orbi

Re: Alternative to Orbi

@Superpop wrote:

I have a 4000SF house, wood construction and Ethernet drops in every room connected to a gig switch in my data closet.    What would another good router/AP solution be if such a thing exists that would give me comperable wireless speeds with a mesh concept with no drops?

if you have structured ethernet to all rooms you certainly dont need mesh and you dont need the orbi or any of these wireless solutions

all you need is a few well placed wireless access points and a good router

for year the commercial world have been running systems like these with no issues and the prices have now come down to a reasonable level as to where the domestic enviornment can take up the technology

i suggest you look at the ubiquiti unifi ap's and a ubiquiti edge router , the unifi AC lite AP's is prob all you need and a 3 pack should cover a 4000sf home with ease you will need a comp setup to run as the controller for the initial instalation but once setup its self managed ( unless you need a captive portal running )

i can assure you the above setup will beat even the best so called mesh system

pete

Message 26 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7