Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Assign static IP address to Orbi router?

jscher826
Follower

Assign static IP address to Orbi router?

Hi,

i just purchased these awesome Orbi wifi mesh network AC3000 and love the instant high-speed, great range - i get nearly my full 200 megabyte/sec. speed that comcast delivers all the way across my house via the statellite system.

But, I've had a little issue with keeping connected to the internet. That is to say each device in the house will lose connection a couple of times a day, not for long, but long enough that you are frustrated because your xbox game just stopped or your streaming movie just choked.

So, I've gone through all of those threads on this forum about the issue - ethernet cables, using them just as AP's (not my preference)... the most basic suggestion I found was to start with assigning a static IP address to my Orbi router. I put in all the required info - IP address, subnet mask, gaeway Ip address, primary dns, secondary dns, and the system died on me.

Is it a "feature" to not be able to assign a static IP address? I switched basic to dynamic and all was back online again instantly. Anyone else assign their Orbi router a static address successfully?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Assign static IP address to Orbi router?

Hello jscher826

I have sent you a PM.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7